Suicide ain't painless

Welcome to Day Two.  Thank you for coming back, if you did.  Or for continuing to read.  I type slowly, with one finger, but I know what I'm going to write.  The truth.  Not the whole truth, because to write everything I could, in complete detail, would take years, and neither of us has that much time.  At least I don't.

Yes, Henri is my real name, on my real birth certificate, signed by a real doctor in World War II.  Because of what I must tell you, I prefer to remain anonymous, so that is it. One other thing about me.  Many years ago, I joined MENSA.  That's an international organization that only admits people like myself who score above 98% on an IQ (Intelligence Quotient) test. That's kind of awkward (not bragging) but you need to know that I'm probably smarter than you. 

So for friendly people, I'd be happy to hear from you.  However, if you're an Internet Troll, who gets sick pleasure from trashing blogs, please look in the mirror.  Do something good for yourself, and someone who loves you.  Then some back and post, once you see a new person in your mirror.  This has to be a safe place for those who need it, please.

Suicide.  I'm going there first, just briefly.  Because someone somewhere will read this far someday, perhaps just in time.  That's who I'm moving #3 on my List right upfront.  Here.

SUICIDE.  Nasty word.  OK, let's talk instead about people who believe there is no reason to continue to fight to live.  Many people get to that point in their mind.  That's as far as it goes.  Been there myself.

There are other troubled souls who actually do not want to leave our world, but put out distress signals.  If no one listens, or things get worse, or another disaster happens on top of everything, they DO something dangerous -- but safely.  Because they really don't want to die.  They just want to escape, to make the bad stuff go away.  Especially young people.

There's a movie titled "The Graduate," Dustin Hoffman the star.  He's confused about something, sinks to the bottom of the pool to think.  Stupid.  I was once at the bottom of a pool, pulled out of the water (deep end) by the swimming instructor, who had to run from the showers.  That scene was no joke to me.  Hollywood is chock full of stupid people, isn't it?

But really really stupid was the alleged musical accompaniment.  A song with a lyric that begins, "Suicide is painless....."  No, NO, NO!  It is a terrible, hurtful, selfish, damaging thing to everybody you know, especially those you love.  You are alive, so you still have time.  ASK for HELP, please.

Unfortunately some attempts at self-murder (that's more clear than "suicide," I think) go awry.  I'm not going to describe any methods, nor should anyone put stuff like that in a Comment, OK?  The world is ugly enough, keep bad thoughts from your imagination, please.  Enough.

There are no doubt many words that can describe the feelings of those who meant what they thought, what they said, what they did before.  Sad, Melancholy, Depressed, Angry -- my word is DESPERATION.  A feeling waaaay beyond those words.  A desperate person?  Someone stuck in snow, freezing to death.  Maybe on a life raft, miles from everything.  Oh, they're desperate all right.  But help is on the way.  And they are desperate because they want to LIVE.  That's why they get rescued.  They summon up enough courage to survive.

But a desperate person, especially those unloved enough to want to LIVE, murders him/herself.  Yes MURDER.  Hey, very tough word.  Because I am desperate right now, as I type this.  Perhaps no one will read this blog, but I think otherwise.  Because YOU, my friend, have read this far.

Congratulations!  Just wondering.  Perhaps you have kept reading, because you, OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE, is hurting.  Suffering in silence.  Of course you see no blood.  That's inside, after all.

But you have a feeling that you need to say something to them, or about them, to someone else who can help.  So SAY something. Because you can't see what anyone is really thinking.  A very good friend wrote something to help me (yes) that says it all.  Thanks, Dave.

Just make sure you are enjoying the present.  
The past cannot be changed.
The future is not guaranteed.  
Live in the present.

I am not "here," right now of course, but if you post a Comment or especially have a question for me, I'll return and reply to you, for sure. What I'm hoping is that you will find the answer you are seeking right here in one of the Topics I wrote about. Because I wrote this Blog to HELP PEOPLE such as yourself. It's about LIFE, DEATH, and some of the things in between -- that happened to me. Click below, PLEASE.

The Beginning begins here === My FIRST post - an Introduction - if you landed here, CLICK THIS ONE NEXT.
YOU ARE HERE ===> SUICIDE AIN'T PAINLESS === It hurts everyone who gets left behind.
STOP beating up little kids! === Make him STOP. Call NOW. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
Were you RAPED? Stop hiding. Tell someone TODAY === Call 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673).
GUYS ONLY: Am I gay? === Where will YOU go in life as a PERSON?
Is DIVORCE the cure for a bad marriage? === Stop thinking of yourself, THINK OF YOUR CHILDREN.
CANCER takes a piece of everyone. === An ounce of PREVENTION is worth a pound of cure.
Has DEATH knocked on Your Door? === Someone who LOVED YOU really WANTS you to find PEACE.
Don't Ignore your MENTAL HEALTH === I wouldn't make the same MISTAKE I did, if I were YOU.
Get on with YOUR LIFE! === Do something for YOURSELF, YOU know you MUST, so START TODAY.

Please CLICK on the small icon BELOW to send my Blog to someone you know.

This blog honors the memory of my brother, Allan, and my friend, Ron. R.I.P., guys.
Please don't hurt yourself and those who love you. Pick up the phone NOW.
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 they WILL help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TODAY: Get On With YOUR LIFE!

Were you raped? Stop hiding. Tell someone TODAY.

Don't ignore your MENTAL HEALTH