Don't ignore your MENTAL HEALTH

People who can't help themselves, because something has gone wrong inside their head, need YOUR UNDERSTANDING.  Please recognize ONE simple thing:  a CRAZY person needs help.  If you LOVE that person, HELP them, or just get out of the way.  They just can't think straight, because the world around them has gone mad.  Not them, everything else.  Some have had something very bad happen to them, or to someone they love. They are left with an EMOTIONAL PROBLEM.  If it's bad enough, a single traumatic event, especially if some old trauma was never resolved, can strike them DOWN.  Waaay Way DOWN.  Yes, that happened to ME.

The result can be an EMOTIONAL EARTHQUAKE, with a human being unable to deal with the complex world outside, because s/he has lost contact with it.  Unable to deal with ANYthing, because nothing makes sense anymore, that person may withdraw into THEIR world, seeking comfort.  That means they can be "classified" as INSANE.  Yes, at that point, s/he really needs HELP, and the strange way they act out in their hidden Emotional World proves it.

Yes, that was ME, someone who temporarily could not function in our modern society.  There are many words applied by people to label someone withdrawn into themselves.  Here's one: Schizophrenic.  Doctors know what words like that really mean, not YOU or I. One (misused) word is often tossed about, but I'm entitled to use it, because I was CRAZY, thirty years ago.

It was my fault that things went too far. I've been told I had no sleep for days, and I lost myself, somewhere at home.  Yes, I ignored my MENTAL HEALTH.  I didn't think I needed to do ANYTHING but mourn and grieve and regret and hate and wish.

That was how I "handled it."  Genius that I'm supposed to be, I was OK.  In fact, when someone asked if I was OK, I lied, and said yes.  But 18 YEARS of thinking, forgetting, remembering accomplished NOTHING.  Allan was always on my mind.  Endless questions unanswered.

If you have endured something bad enough to have read this far down this page, don't do what I did.  If people ask "Are you OK?" they are the ones who care about YOU, and they're wondering.  Hey, TALK to ONE of them, someone YOU TRUST.

How about "Why do you ask that?"  Don't ignore your MENTAL HEALTH.

My story should convince you to do something TODAY, maybe.  I remember very little of what happened at the family home that evening, thirty years ago.  I have no memory of what I did to frighten my relatives.  What's the Police Car doing out front?  Yes, I was THAT Crazy.

On the way to the hospital, the EMTs were going to tie me down, but didn't need to.  I remember being totally calm.  A brief stay on a gurney in a quiet room, then another ride to my next stop, a place to RECOVER.

One thing I clearly remember, it felt like a very cold dark place, and I didn't like it.  I remember jumping waaay, straight UP in the air.  The next thing I knew, I was tied to a bed, protesting.  After about a week, my employer discovered where I was.  HEALTH INSURANCE to the rescue!  My third ambulance ride landed me in a better, happier place. 

And the best thing was the people, who spent the next two weeks taking real good care of me.  I now know that they were MHTs.  I saw what they did, for me, and for others.  At the time, I thought of them as Angels.  More later about MHTs, what they do, and how badly they are underpaid, thanks to WALL STREET greed.  I ain't finished with that, believe me.

I thought I was all better, and signed myself out (yes, it was a voluntary commitment).  Boy, was I WRONG.  I was unable to return to work, drive a car, you name it.  It was a cold February, but I walked the beach, between huge blocks of ice, repeating to myself the word SHATTERED.  Not the ice, myself.  Gradually, I got better, just thinking things out.

That's what happened to me, and could happen to YOU or someone you love.  Sometimes, dealing with LIFE (or in my case, the DEATH of my stepFATHER) just gets overwhelming, and pulls you toward sadness.  If you think you don't need help with personal problem that is heading towards a crisis, you might.  Call your doctor.  Don't let bad things grow bigger than you.  Get some help to fix your brain, OK?

There is HELP out there for YOU, or for someone you know.  The Mentalheath.gov Website would be a good place to start.  If you need to handle this right away, click on the GET IMMEDIATE HELP link there.

I wrote earlier about some special people.  MHT short for Mental Health Technician.  I think of them as SECOND RESPONDERS.  Because when the ambulance leaves, a person in trouble is left behind, who definitely  needs some help.  Sometimes immediately, as I did.

MHTs.  I know some personally.  These badly underpaid people provide direct patient care to people out of touch with themselves.  That's tough enough.  Those out of touch with everything present a risk to themselves and to anyone within their reach.  And people get hurt, sometimes.

There are some issues regarding the of the mental help industry, and how Wall Street is squeezing patient caregivers for profit.  Someday, maybe, but not here.  A shoutout, too late, to Ron.  Loved you, thanks for the Stones CD.  It's the only one that plays in my car lately.  You could have ASKED another MHT for help; my brother Allan could have ASKED me, sure.  There's a lesson here.  If someone you love seems to be troubled, don't wait to be ASKED.


I am not "here," right now of course, but if you post a Comment or especially have a question for me, I'll return and reply to you, for sure. What I'm hoping is that you will find the answer you are seeking right here in one of the Topics I wrote about. Because I wrote this Blog to HELP PEOPLE such as yourself. It's about LIFE, DEATH, and some of the things in between -- that happened to me. Click below, PLEASE.

The Beginning begins here === My FIRST post - an Introduction - if you landed here, CLICK THIS ONE NEXT.
SUICIDE AIN'T PAINLESS === It hurts everyone who gets left behind.
STOP beating up little kids! === Make him STOP. Call NOW. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
Were you RAPED? Stop hiding. Tell someone TODAY === Call 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673).
GUYS ONLY: Am I gay? === Where will YOU go in life as a PERSON?
Is DIVORCE the cure for a bad marriage? === Stop thinking of yourself, THINK OF YOUR CHILDREN.
CANCER takes a piece of everyone. === An ounce of PREVENTION is worth a pound of cure.
Has DEATH knocked on Your Door? === Someone who LOVED YOU really WANTS you to find PEACE.
YOU ARE HERE ===> Don't Ignore your MENTAL HEALTH === I wouldn't make the same MISTAKE I did, if I were YOU.
Get on with YOUR LIFE! === Do something for YOURSELF, YOU know you MUST, so START TODAY.

Please CLICK the small icon BELOW to send my Blog to someone you know.

This blog honors the memory of my brother, Allan, and my friend, Ron. R.I.P., guys.
Please don't hurt yourself and those who love you. Pick up the phone NOW.
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 they WILL help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TODAY: Get On With YOUR LIFE!

Were you raped? Stop hiding. Tell someone TODAY.